Thursday 9 April 2015

Jess' Nascha Mini Skirt

I recently made up the Named Patterns Nascha Mini skirt for myself as a trial version. For a full pattern review check this post. I made this version for a friend who has been a wonderful support during my never ending (just kidding, or am I?) PhD candidature. It was a slightly late birthday present for which she chose the pattern and fabric.



I made up a size 36. Jess' measurements put her in between two sizes, but I checked out the finished measurements and picked the smaller size based on her preference for fitted clothes. Jess picked a tartan wool blend from Clegs and a navy lining. I spent some time getting the tartan to match up on the centre front/back and sides. I did a pretty good job horizontally but I fudged it vertically. 


After making up the skirt once before the instructions were SO much easier to follow. I'm so glad I made up a trial version for myself, I felt much more confident inserting the exposed zipper and lining. 


The fit is pretty spot on. I did one fitting with Jess, but no changes were required! Woohoo! And  doesn't she look lovely in her new skirt? Thankfully, the skirt seems to be very well received. Happy Belated birthday Jess! 

No comments:

Post a Comment