This is just a quicky to document some more V1247 skirts I've made recently. You can see my more detailed post from my first skirt here
|Insides: Pockets and fully bias bound|
Lucy's skirt inspired me to make a cord version of my own. This version I made again in a size 12 but with a few changes. I added 1"to the hem (for modesty), sewed the side seams at 1/2" rather than 5/8" (for fit) and added an 1"to the waistband (1/2"either end, again for fit). The skirt is still very fitted but, I think, a bit more flattering than my first iteration.
I was desperate to make this version from some maroon cord, but only had a narrow metre. The only way I could fit the pieces was to omit the pockets. This was really easy to do by just folding out the pocket component of the tissue paper. No pockets made the skirt even quicker to sew! For this version I overlocked all the seams and bound the hem and waistband with bias tape.
|Insides: no pockets and limited bias|
I'm really happy with how the skirts turned out. The 1" added length is perfect for wearing with tights. For a summer version I might add a further 1". I now own a skirt pattern which I adore and feel confident in adjusting as needed (pockets/no pockets, bias/overlocker, fit/length etc).
Matching V1247 cord skirts