For the lining I thought that the left over mustard from my Ava jacket would work perfectly. Unfortunately I didn't have quite as much left as I thought so I used the mustard for the back and leftovers from my Belcara blouse for the front. For the neckline, sleeves and pocket trimmings I used some blue and white floral scraps. This was a gamble, do plaid and floral go together? Tim suggested the left blue wool from my latest Betsy instead. I decided to risk the floral and I actually really like it. I think the trim makes the dress abit more casual, which I like.
I used the instructions only as a guide. If you want to be hand held through the sewing you might find them lacking. For example there was no suggestions of when and what seams you might like to finish along the way.
I inserted the lining and zipper a little differently than suggested. I made the dress shell and the dress lining completely, sandwiched and basted them together, and then treated them as one when adding the zipper and trims. This worked perfectly. I still have to add a dress hook at the top but I couldn't wait to wear it.
I love how the dress turned out. The front is a little roomy around the stomach area but the back is perfect and I think it looks great. This is a winter version but I think it will look good without the longsleeves and tights in spring as well. I will definitely make more Chloe's! A few unlined cotton shifts will be great for summer work dresses. I'll see if I use the front pockets, but if not I might exclude them in the future (shock horror!). I think they are super cute, but they bulge and make me feel like I'm storing a baby kangaroo in there.