For my first version of the Archer shirt I made version A: a simple button down shirt. I cut a size 6 out of lovely cotton I've had in the stash for an age. It's lightweight, but not sheer, with a white and dark navy polkadot and flower pattern.
The shirt itself is beautifully drafted and came together very well. I began sewing the shirt by following the pattern instructions only. The instructions are lengthy but I found a few minor details missing. I've never sewn a button down shirt before so I wanted to take it slow and get all the details right. I went to the sewalong for more details. Again, some minor details were missing but in most cases the photos helped me figure out the necessary steps.
The shirt is quite boxy and maybe ever so slightly too roomy in the back. The shirt will be worn tucked in mostly thought so the excess fabric wont be noticeable. For future versions I might play with narrowing the shoulder a bit and lengthening the arm, but other than that I'm pretty happy with the fit. The shirt looks fab tucked into my newest Moss Skirt. I've made the Moss Skirt 5 times before and my denim moss remains one of the most worn items in my wardrobe (handmade or store bought). I can now sew up a Moss in an easy afternoon.
Interestingly the fit of this moss is a little off. I find it ever so slightly too tight and hate that you can see the pockets outlined in the front. In hindsight, I wish I had of sewn the side seams 1/4" rather than 1/2"and also lined skirt. Without a doubt I will sew more Archers Shirts and Moss Skirts. I also look forward to trying more Grainline Studio patterns (especially the soon to be released shirt dress!).