For this top I used two stash fabric, one is a very sheer wide-weave floral print John Kaldor Fabric Maker cotton I bought at an op-shop. The other, i think, is very light pink a viscose I bought for linings. Not the best fabric choices I've ever made. I underlined the sheer floral fabric pieces with the pink fabric, but had to work quickly as it frayed at the speed of lightening with a mere breeze unraveling it. The underlining fabric was quite slinky. I used the underlined floral for all top pieces/panels except the rectangular under arm pieces.
The PDF pattern came together quickly with my only confusion being which underarm line to cut for the side panels. I think I ended up cutting the largest size for the underarm hole but it turned out fine, no drama. I cut a size small. My hip measurements didn't match the small, but being such a boxy top it's best to go with the bust size.
I began to sew the pattern up using only the written instructions. They were very brief; at first I thought there were steps missing. I tried to wing it. I began to insert the panels into the front and back bodice pieces but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to piece the square corners perfectly. After much seam ripping I finally remembered that there was an accompanying YouTube tutorial! The video was clear and fully explained the steps involved in inserting a square corner. But with this temperamental fabric I still added a little fray stopper to the inside of my square panels seams for some added just-in-case protection. After you sew up these corners side panels the rest of the top goes together easily without the instructions.
On trying on the top pre hemming and finishings, I could only just squeeze my head through the opening, while the rest of the top fit loosely. I cut into the very high neckline just enough to get the top over my head. I cut slightly deeper into the front of the top than the back. But as you can see it is still a very high neckline on me. I finished the arm holes and neckline with bias binding. I also used bias binding for the hem as it was on the short side and I wanted to keep as much length as possible but the underlined fabric wasn't playing nice enough for attempting a super skinny hem.
I'm reasonably happy with the final product in terms of the finishing and fabric choice. I really like the back of the top with the sweet peplum tucks. But, I find the front a bit boxy and unflattering. Not really my style. In saying that, if you like loose summer tops which don't restrict your tummy this is a great choice which could be made up in some really fun and flirty fabric combinations. I would recommend the pattern for beginners who already have a few garments under their belt. With the YouTube video it come together quickly and teaches some useful techniques (e.g. French seams, piecing corner seams, sewing with slippery fabric). But be ready for the possibility of having to lower the neckline.
While I like how the top turned out I really can't see myself using any more of the sheer floral fabric. I have approximately 1.4m by 44" wide left, plus 2 x 0.7m by 0.3m scraps. In the spirit helping others Sew Cheap I would be happy to post the left over fabric free of charge to anyone in Australia who would like it. Comment, or shoot me an email (sewnbyelizabeth at gmail dot com) with your mailing address and I'll post within a few days.