Monday 11 May 2015

Me Made May'15: Days 1-11

A quick post about Me Made May'15. Last year, my goal was to wear one me made garment everyday day. This year I've made the same goal. I probably could have upped my game this year and promised to wear two garments per day (as most days I do anyway), but I'd rather not have a month of morning freak outs about what to wear. Also, I'm sick of feeling guilty about not wanting to have a completely me made wardrobe. I love mixing my hand made items with old and new bought clothing and my opshopped pieces.

Goal:
1) wear at least one item of hand made clothing each day for the duration of May 2015
2) Document my daily outfits on instagram and post a 3 round ups on this blog


Day 1 - Friday: Black merino long sleeve Renfrew top with spotted chambray Alder Shirtdress


Day 2: Liberty needle cord Moss mini skirt with modified Alder Shirt (not dress). A Grainline Studio kind of day.


Day 3: Marilla Walker Ilsley skirt with Megan Nielsen Maker Tee


Day 4: Black polka dotted Aline Libby Skirt and Iconic Patterns colour blocked Jackie coat


Day 5:  Black Simplicity 2154 Pussy Bow blouse with modified Vogue 1247 skirt. Not photographed: Colour blocked Jackie Coat


Day 6  Wednesday: Silk gathered skirt. This skirt is a little big in the waistband but fits well in winter over tights, singlet and a long sleeve.


Day 7 Thursday: Vogue 8901 dress over a black long sleeve Renfrew top with my colour blocked Jackie coat.


Day 8 Friday: Floral Papercut Patterns Rigel bomber jacket over my exercise gear.


Day 9 Saturday: Chambray Marilla Walker Ilsley skirt with my black Papercut Patterns Coppelia Cardy.


Day 10 Sunday: Liberty Grainline Studio Alder Shirtdress with my newly refashioned merino Bonnie Jumper.


Day 11 Monday: Teach me Fashion black knit Draped Skirt, K and L Geometry top, Simplicity 1419 Japanese cotton blazer and my colour blocked Jackie coat.


Reflections:  I wore 18 different me-made garments over the last 11 days. I need to sew some pants and iron some blouses. But, day to day, I love wearing skirts and dresses most. Coloured tights would make my outfits a bit more interesting, but I never feel comfortable in them. I would love to aim to sew one pair of pants by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment