For Gen's Cambie I cut a straight size 2 in version A. Gen had chosen a large scale elephant print canvas fabric from Spotty. I didn't bother lining this dress because, well, canvas! The Cambie goes together quite easily and very quickly without lining. I used pre purchased white bias binding to finish the neckline and sleeves.
As the print was quite loud I wanted to use a constrasting fabric to tone it down a little. For the pockets and the waistband I used the wrong side of some denim chambray. I'm really pleased with how the contrast looks.
I didn't muslin the dress so the fit was quite a gamble. I made no alterations other than bringing in the shoulder 1/4" as I expected them to be too loose on her, given that they were on me and a lot of others in the blog world. Before inserting the zipper I got her to try on the dress and wow what a lovely fit!
I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by this dress. I really didn't think the white and grey giant elephant canvas would translate well into a dress. I was wrong! It looks super duper cute and the shape of the dress skims Gen's body so nicely. Before next winter I plan on making myself a version A Cambie in some lovely grey wool. I'll be stoked if it fits half as well as Gen's.
Thanks for letting me post photos of you in your elephant Cambie dress Gen, and for bringing some fresh new poses to the blog! Good luck with your exams this week. x